Year 5 - Kingfisher
Welcome to Kingfisher Class
Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
How to stay safe online - Kingfisher Class Rules
Welcome to our Class Page!
***** Message from Mrs Vassell ***** Message from Mrs Vassell ***** Message from Mrs Vassell ***** Message from Mrs Vassell *****
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that it is my pleasure to teach your children this year!
Here is some general information to get us started on our Class Page!
Class Teacher: Mrs L Vassell
PPA Cover Teacher (Thursdays, 12pm-315pm): Mrs M Loi
Other staff: Miss H Kidby
We encourage water bottles in our class (water only in bottles); each group table has a water bottle box so that children can access water at all times during lessons.
P.E.: Our class has P.E. (Indoor) on Monday afternoons and (Outdoor) on Friday afternoons. Please ensure correct Balliol P.E. kit is worn and, in colder weather, that warm long legged and long sleeved clothing is provided, alongside appropriate footwear.
Homework: Friday is the word ...!
- Reading: 10-15 mins every evening - please listen to your child read as often as possible
- Spellings: new spellings on Fridays; test the following Friday - please encourage your child to practise regularly!
- Times tables: these help with so many areas of maths; please encourage your child to practise 10-15 mins every day (TT Rockstars and see website links on times tables practice sheets sent home)
- MyMaths: this is set every Friday, due the following Friday - the tasks are set to consolidate learning from the week; it is important that your child completes this homework every week ...
- Topic - tasks across a range of subjects are set every Friday (and a copy will appear on your Class Page too!), usually due the following Friday (more complex tasks will be given two weeks to complete). Please encourage your child to complete these tasks independently, but give them support and help for more challenging tasks - when we're challenged, we're learning!
Pobble: Thank you for consenting to your child's work being published on Pobble!
Finally! Keep checking your Class Page for regular updates and news!
Homework Friday, 15th November 2019; Due Date Friday, 22nd November 2019
Homework Friday, 8th November 2019; Due Date: Friday, 15th November 2019
Homework Friday, 1st November 2019; Due Date: Friday, 8th November 2019
Homework! Friday, 11th October 2019; Due Friday, 18th October 2019
Homework Friday, 4th October 2019; Due Date: Friday, 11th October 2019
Homework Friday, 27th September 2019; Due Date: Friday, 4th October 2019
Homework Due Date Friday, 27th September 2019
Practise the Year 5 Harvest song for the Harvest festival!
Lyrics in Homework link
Homework for week ending Friday, 13th September 2019 - Homework due Friday, 20th September 2019