Year 5 - Kingfisher
Starting our Journey Together
I would just like to say how excited I am to welcome each and every one of you to our Kingfisher family, where no dream is too big and no goal too unrealistic! As part of the Kingfisher family, you will be encouraged to grow in confidence, resilience and happiness!
You have all shown me what amazing characters you are during our transition days and I cannot wait to spend the next year teaching you, learning with you and having fun together!
On this class page, you will find all of the important information for our class, including: spellings, topic information, revision information, our weekly homework tasks and what we have been up to in the classroom.
Please contact me on the email below if you wish to (both parents and children). I love to see what you have been getting up to!
Miss Bates .
General Class Information
Class Teacher: Miss Bates
Supporting Teachers: Mrs Loi and Miss Houghton
PE: Monday and Wednesday. On P.E days children must come to school in their kit.
Please ensure correct Balliol P.E kit is worn (this can be purchased from the office). Any additional kit worn (such as warm outer layer for the colder months) must be plain black or dark-blue in colour.
Children MUST have appropriate trainers for outdoor lessons.
Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
Online Safety - Kingfisher Class Rules
Weekly Homework Information
- Spelling (practice daily). Children will receive spellings to practise in school, they will also bring a copy home in a small spelling book to practise at home. Their spellings will also be posted on here with homework each week.
- Reading (15+ minutes daily). Your child will have a school book they can read at home; when finished this book can be returned and swapped.
- Timestables (practice as often as possible: daily). TTRockstars is a great, fun way to do this.
This is homework that will be set on Friday each week.
-Homework Books (set every Friday). These books are extremely precious and it is important they are kept safe and neat. The tasks set in them will link with the weeks work.
- MyMaths (set every Friday). MyMaths logins are found in children's homework diaries.
- Topic Tasks (set as appropriate).
Homework Set - 15th October 2021 - Due in - 22nd October 2021
Maths Homework book pages: 12, 13, 14, 15 (Addition and Subtraction and Rounding).
My Maths Homework - Line Graphs (or) Subtraction - Due Friday 22nd October 2021
Homework Set: 8th September 2021. Due in: 15th September 2021.
Homework Set 8th October 2021 - Due in 15th October 2021
English Grammar Book: Pages 52, 53, 54, 55 (Brackets and Dashes for for Extra Information)
Homework - Set 1st October - Due in 8th October 2021
French Speaking Country Poster:
Your challenge is to research a French speaking country and create a poster with 7 facts on it.
- Use your monopoly board.
- Roll a dice 7 times, to find your 7 challenges.
- The findings from the 7 challenges should be put into one colourful poster that we can put on display.
- Each child who puts effort into this will get a ukprize.
- Any questions please email Madame Kaler: email@example.com
Homework Set: 24th September 2021. Due in: 1st October 2021
Reading Comprehension Book - Pages 6 and 7 (book one: 'Why Recycle'? OR book two: 'Baby Birds').
Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Book - Pages 25 and 25 (prepositions).
Spelling Homework - set 10th September 2021 - Due in 17th September 2021
English Homework Book, Pages: 4, 5 and 8 (Nouns, Verbs and Adjectives).
Comprehension Homework Book, Pages: 2 and 3 (The Word Party).
Homework Set - 17th Sep Due in 24th Sep 2021
Maths Homework Book Pages: 7, 8 and 10 (Place Value, Ordering/Comparing and Rounding).
MyMaths - Place Value
Sow, Grow and Farm Information!
Sow, Grow and Farm Topic Organiser