Year 5 - Kingfisher
Welcome to Kingfisher Class
Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
How to stay safe online - Kingfisher Class Rules
Homework: Friday, 18th September 2020 - Due Friday 25th September 2020
1. Maths Homework book - pages 7 and 8.
2. Practise your spellings - use the spelling lists (links to documents below)
4. Times tables practice, e.g. TT Rockstars.
Parents - please remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that your child has completed these - thank you!
Spelling Practice - Practise ten words you find tricky from the Year 3/4 list!
Dear Kingfishers Class of 2020-2021!
Can I say how VERY EXCITED I am about the coming year! I am so looking forward to meeting each and every one of you - some of you for the first time. Many things will be different because so much in all our lives has changed, but many things will also be the same.
I look forward to seeing all Kingfishers on Tuesday, 8th September, when our door will be open from 8:45am!
Some helpful information!
Class Teacher: Mrs L Vassell
Other adults: Mrs D Yeowell and Mrs L Whitmore
As you will be aware, parents are currently unable to speak to class teachers (and other adults within the learning bubble) at the beginning and end of the school day, but you can contact me via our class email - email@example.com!
Please bring your water bottle every day and take it home every evening. Water can be accessed during lessons at all times (the children will be aware that this should not interrupt their listening and completion of tasks/activities) and can be used at lunchtimes.
This term, Year 5's P.E. will be on Monday and Wednesday afternoons outside. On these P.E. days, children must come to school in their P.E. kit. Please ensure correct Balliol P.E. kit is worn and, in colder weather, that warm, dark long-legged and dark long-sleeved clothing is provided, alongside appropriate footwear.
We appreciate and thank you for all the support you give to the children in relation to their home learning. Below is what we hope is useful information for you to continue with this support.
- Reading: Children will have a reading book to take home to share and read with you. When finished, this book will be changed only on a Friday. Please listen to your child read as often as possible for 10-15 minutes at least 3-4 times a week.
Children will also have a reading book that remains in school. Planners to record reading done will not be used at the moment; these will remain in school for now.
- Spellings: Children will have new spellings every week with a dictation test on Fridays. We are not sending spellings home at the moment, but there will be plenty of opportunities to practise these during the school day. Spellings will of course be available on this class page so please encourage your child to practise at home regularly too! *** Please see attached documents to help with spelling practice - all key words lists and a spelling menu to help keep your practice interesting! ***
- Times tables: these help with so many areas of maths; please encourage your child to practise 10-15 minutes every day. (TT Rockstars)
- MyMaths: This will be set every Friday, due the following Friday - the tasks are set to consolidate learning from the week.
- Maths and English: Children will have a Maths and English homework text book to complete given tasks from each on alternate weeks.
- Topic - Tasks will be project-based and set throughout the term.
Finally in relation to homework, because children are not currently able to use their planners (as a means of communication between us), please can you email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) each week to confirm that your child has completed their spelling and times tables homework practice and their weekly reading. Many thanks!