Year 4 - Elm
Welcome to Elm Class
Dear Elm Class
Thank you for visiting our class page. You will find lots of useful updates about what we have been up to and plenty of information on how to boost your learning at home. Don't forget to show your parents!
If there is anything you think we should add to our class page let us know!
Miss O'Connor and Mrs Smedley
PS - remember our e-safety tips before clicking on any links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
General Class Information
- Class Teachers: Miss O'Connor and Mrs Smedley
- PE is on Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Year 4 Homework - Your child will now have a blue or green folder which is for them to carry their homework each week. If they need any resources to support their homework (paper etc.) they know they can ask.
- Weekly spellings are sent out on a Friday in a small blue book. Learn the weekly spellings using the 'Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check' method. Don't forget to look up the meaning of any word the children don't know.
- Maths homework is either set through My Maths or sent out as a sheet.
- Reading is still vitally important for developing fluency and comprehension. Children should build up to reading for 20 minutes at least 3 times a week, or daily is even better! Ideas of questions you could discuss are attached below.
- Timetables! By the end of Year 4, it is expected that children know times tables up to 12 x 12. Use TT Rock Stars and My Maths Times Table Boosters.
- Additional English or Maths homework may be given out on alternate weeks so please see their homework folder for this.
- Please remember that water bottles should only contain water.
- Snacks should be healthy and savoury e.g. a piece of fruit or a healthy breakfast bar.