Year 2 - Lilac
Dear Lilac Class,
I hope you have had a lovely Summer! I am looking forward to seeing you all and getting to know you. Thank you for visiting our class page. You will find updates about what we have been getting up to and also links to support you when learning from home. If you would like me to put something on this page then please let me know.
Love from Miss Walker :)
PS- remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page below.
General Class Information
- Class Teacher – Miss Walker
- Other adults in Lilac Class: Miss Wharton
PE is outside on a Tuesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon. When we have PE children should attend school in their PE kit so we do not need to change.
Children will have 2 books. They will take home 1 on a Friday and then return this to school on the following Friday. They will also have another book which will stay at school in their tray and this is what they will read in school.
- Weekly tasks are set on MyMaths (link below)
- Children are working towards their Bronze times tables award (2s, 5s and 10s) and some are working on Silver, and can use TTRockstars to help them. A letter with their logins will be sent home on the first day.
- Children should practise their Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words regularly. These are shown below and were included in the letter sent home on the first day.
- Regular weekly spellings will be reviewed in line with Covid-19 guidelines and sent home at a later date.
As well as your weekly spellings, please practise the spellings below as you should know all of these by the end of Year 2!
Year 2 Common Exception Words
Autumn 1- Castles
Helpful links below: