Year 2 - Lilac
Dear Lilac Class,
Thank you for visiting our class page! You will find updates about what we have been getting up to and also links to help support your learning at home. If you think of anything that you would like to have on our page then please let me know.
Love from Mrs Trudgill
PS Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
General Class Information
- Class Teacher – Mrs Trudgill
- PPA Cover Teacher (Wednesday pm) – Mrs K
- Other adults in Holly class: Mrs Boland, Miss Palmer and Mrs Kidby
PE is outside on a Friday afternoon and inside on a Tuesday morning. Please ensure that your child has appropriate PE kit in school for all PE sessions.
- Please try to write in your child’s reading diary when you hear them read at home
- Weekly tasks are set on MyMaths (link below)
- Children are working towards their Bronze times tables award (2s, 5s and 10s) and can use TTRockstars to help them
- A new set is sent home at the end of every week to practise
As well as your weekly spellings, please practise the spellings below as you should know all of these by the end of Year 2!
Thursday 7th November
We performed our class assembly this morning to KS1 and our parents. We displayed all the hard work we have completed so far in Year 2, our super singing and we all said our lines clearly. Mrs Trudgill and the other adults in Lilac class are very proud of us all!
Thursday 14th November
We have been exploring the book Traction Man and thinking about the story settings that he visited. We created our own setting and used our imagination to think about how some items could be other things. For example, the scissors became terrifying sharks! 🦈