- Children will have a reading diary and a book which they can take between home and school. Please make sure if you read at home you make a note of this in your reading diary. If you need an AR quiz on your book let an adult know in school and we can sort this out for you!
- Weekly tasks are set on MyMaths (link below- these are optional tasks)
- Children are working towards their Bronze times tables award (2s, 5s and 10s) and some are working on Silver, and can use TTRockstars to help them. A letter with their logins will be sent home on the first day.
- Children should practise their Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words regularly. These are shown below and were included in the letter sent home on the first day.
- GCP Books
- Children have a Maths and a Grammar homework book. 1 of these will be given out each Monday and the pages that children need to do are listed on the inside of the front cover. These books must be returned to school on the following Monday.
Maths in Year 2
Here are lots useful websites which you can use at home to help you with your Maths:
Times Table Rockstars -
To check whether you are using the most up-to-date version of TTRS at home, please visit https://play.ttrockstars.com/reset, or update the app in your app store.
Times Tables - This website is particularly good if you need to work on a certain times table. It gives you different ways to practise the multiplication facts in order and mixed up. https://www.timestables.co.uk/
Hit The Button - This is a great game to help you practise your times tables, as well as related facts such as doubles, halves and square numbers. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
My Maths - This is not just for homework! You can log on and access lots of lessons and activities as well as games. The lessons are particularly useful as they explain what you need to do and give you examples to try. https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
BBC Bitesize - A great website. Again, you can choose an area to look at. There are videos, explanations and short quizzes to help you. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z826n39
Topmarks - You can search for games that link to specific areas of Maths. Look out for the age range underneath all games. It will give you a good idea of how useful it is. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Online Maths Dictionary - http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html
Spellings in Year 2
Children will have a weekly spelling to learn in class but please practise the spellings below at home as you should know all of these by the end of Year 2!
Yr 1 Common Exception Words
Year 2 Common Exception Words