Year 1 - Lavender
PS Please remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. More information about our Lavender e-safety rules are below. For other information on how to stay safe, visit the main school e-safety page.
- Please remember to download our new Balliol school app.
- My maths login details will be sent home soon.
- Please check the newsletter section of the school website for our latest uptates.
- Please look at the base of this page to see our weekly class diary to see what we have been learning about in class.
- If you need anything additional, please email me using email@example.com
General Class Information
- Class Teacher: Miss Jennings
- Other adults in Lavender class: Mrs K and Miss French
- PE is outside on Tuesday and Thursday. Please come to school dressed in your PE kit. Children will stay in their PE kits all day long.
- English homework in Year One is daily reading.
- Please try to write in your child's reading diary when you hear them read at home.
- Maths homework in Year One is set through the My Maths website.
- I will let your child know when another task has been set.
- Please remember that water bottles should only contain water
For more information about how to help your child at home, please visit our Key Stage One Curriculum page:
What is your child learning at school
Please click below to see our Autumn Term overview and our Autumn Termly letter:
(Note - These will be available at the end of September)
Topic website links and general curriculum website links can be found further down this page in the children's section.
Lavender Class Acceptable Use Policy
- Ask an adult to stay with you and help to keep you safe.
- Keep water bottles far away from computers.
- Use the laptops, computers and tablets gently and carefully.
- Only talk to people you know in real life. Strangers are not always nice!
- Never share things about your life such as where you live or your phone number.
- Use nice words and be polite. Leave nice comments to make the readers happy.
- Only play on things that are okay for your age.
- Tell an adult if you see anything that makes you feel weird.
- Keep passwords a secret.
- Be smart! You need to remember your e-safety rules at home and at school.
Lavender acceptable use policy as a video
Advice from your classroom technology equipment
Our Three Class Rules
Home Learning Website Links
Here are some other websites that you may want to visit to help with your home learning. Please remember your e-safety rules when visiting these websites (especially on YouTube)!
English (including phonics):
Reading – eBooks and audio books:
Twinkl also has lots of eBooks. You will need to sign up for an account first though by going to the website below and using the code: CVDTWINKLHELPS or UKTWINKLHELPS. Twinkl has lots of other great resources to help with home learning too!
Topic Information and Website Links
Here is some information on our current topics and also some other websites that you may want to visit to help with your home learning. Please remember your e-safety rules when visiting these websites (especially on YouTube)!
Autumn 1 Topic - The Enchanted Forest
Our Class Diary 2020-2021
Week Commencing 7th September 2020
We had our first week in Lavender class. We had fun getting to know all of our new friends and teachers. We enjoyed reading a book called 'While we can't hug.' We made pictures of the main characters. We also did lots of counting in maths and we started to learn how to form our letter shapes correctly.