Year 4 - Oak
Parent Consultations will take place online via Microsoft Teams on Tuesday 29th and Thursday 31st March
- To book a meeting, please email me using firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It would be really helpful if you could let me know the times that you are available that evening and i will do my best to accommodate. Tuesday is now pretty full up
- I will then send you the team link back to the email address you have messaged me on.
- If you are unable to make an appointment during these times, or would prefer a telephone call, please let me know and I will arrange this for you.
I look forward to speaking to you all.
Welcome to Oak Class
Dear Oak Class
Thank you for visiting our class page. You will find lots of useful updates about what we have been up to and plenty of information on how to boost your learning at home. Don't forget to show your parents!
If there is anything you think we should add to our class page let us know!
PS - remember our e-safety tips before clicking on any links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
General Class Information
- Class Teacher: Miss Homan
- Supporting TA's: Mrs Kidby, Mrs Yeowell
- PE: Monday and Thursday
- Please remember that water bottles should only contain water
- Snacks should be healthy and savoury e.g. a piece of fruit or a healthy breakfast bar
Each week children will:
- Be sent home with either a Maths or Grammar workbook with a specific page to complete and hand back in by the next Friday. These pages are stuck in the front of each workbook.
- Have to complete their My Maths online task www.mymaths.co.uk
- Learn their focus times tables and play TT Rock Stars https://play.ttrockstars.com/ttrs/dashboard
- Learn 10 spellings from the ‘Key Words’ list which has been copied and sent home so you know the words your child is working on this half term.
- Read daily - The children can now bring their books home each evening and return to school with them the following day.
- Each half term children will also be given ‘Topic’ projects to complete.
If you would like to find out more about what we have been doing in French with Madame Kaler, watch useful videos or find more information about challenges that she has set you, you can find all this here: https://www.petite-etoile.co.uk/balliol-primary
Year 4, 5 & 6 Challenge: Francophone countries
Your challenge is to research a French speaking country and create a poster with 7 facts on it.
- Use your monopoly board.
- Roll a dice 7 times, to find your 7 challenges.
- The findings from the 7 challenges should be put into one colourful poster that we can put on display.
- Each child who puts effort into this will get a prize.
- Any questions please email Madame Kaler: email@example.com