Year 5 - Falcon
Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
A Message From Mr Dalton
Welcome to our class page. I will post copies of the childrens' homework tasks here every week as well as updates on any other school activities such as trips or curriculum days. You can also find useful websites related to each of our topics that may help with take home tasks.
I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I am looking forward to teaching your children and how excited I am for the year ahead.
If you ever have any questions do not hesitate to come and see me after school. If you cannot make it in, a note in your child's homework diary will work just as well.
Class Teacher - Mr Dalton
PPA Cover Teacher - Mrs Banks (Monday - Afternoon)
Other Adults - Miss Litchfield, Miss Houghton
P.E - Tuesday Afternoon (Indoor), Friday Afternoon (Outdoor). Please ensure correct Balliol P.E kit is worn along with hoodies and tracksuit bottoms for the cold winter months. Children will also need appropriate footwear for both the indoor and outdoor sessions.
Weekly Homework Information
- Reading. 15+ minutes daily. Please question your child about what they have read. A copy of our comprehension scheme with example questions is posted below.
- Spelling. Practice daily. Children receive 10 words a week. Test every Friday. Each child should have a 'Spelling Homework' book and 'Spelling Menu' sheet with a variety of activities to use when practising.
- Timestables. Practice as often as possible. TTRockstars is a great way to do this.
- MyMaths, Set weekly every Friday. In for the following Friday. These tasks are important as they link with and consolidate the weeks maths lessons.
- Topic Task, Set weekly every Friday. In for the following Friday (unless it is a larger task and requires two weeks to complete). Each homework sheet will be posted on this page every week.
- Examples of other optional home learning tasks may be found on our termly topic news letters.
Year 5 and 6 Spelling Words
Comprehension Scheme - Reading VIPERS
Maths Practise - Written Methods
A breakdown of the written methods for: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, that we teach at Balliol can be found in the front of the children's homework planners and there are video links below to show the steps to each method.
Most of the video links are American, with slightly different vocabulary than the children are used to, but they present each method well.
The school actively uses Pobble. This service that allows us to publish the children's writing work online to a safe and secure platform. This is a way for parents to see there child's work and even leave comments if they wish.
I will choose two Pobble authors every week and they will not only have their work published to Pobble but they will also receive rewards in school such as a Pobble lanyards and special pencils so that the whole school knows they are a published author.
You will need to give permission for your child's work to be published on Pobble. If you are unsure how to do this please feel free to speak to me.
Homework Set - Friday 8th November 2019 Due In - Friday 22nd November 2019
Homework Set - Friday 8th November 2019 Due In - Friday 15th November 2019
Homework Set - Friday 1st November 2019 Due In - Friday 8th November 2019
Homework Set - Friday 11th October 2019 Due In - Friday 18th October 2019
Homework Set - Friday 4th October 2019 Due In - Friday 11th October 2019
Homework Set - Friday 27th September 2019 Due In - Friday 4th October 2019
Homework Set - Friday 20th September 2019 Due In - Friday 27th September 2019
It's Harvest Time
Homework Set - Friday 13th September 2019 Due In - Friday 20th September 2019