Remember our class assembly is at 9.15 am on Thursday 10th October.
All welcome to come and see what we have been doing in Clover Class
Dear Clover Class,
Thank you for visiting our class page. I will try my best to put new and exciting things on it as often as I can so please come back and visit it when you can. If you think of anything that you would like to have on our page then please let me know.
From Mrs Gray
P.S. Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
On E-Safety day, Clover Class talked lots about how to have fun and stay safe online. We created and agreed to our own Acceptable Use Policy:
- I will use what I have learned about e-safety to keep myself safe.
- I will tell an adult I trust if something makes me worried or unhappy.
- I will tell an adult if people I don’t know try to message me.
- I will not open or download anything without checking with an adult.
- I will only go on websites that I have checked with an adult.
- I will look after computer equipment and treat it with care.
- I will tell an adult straight away if something is broken or not working properly.
- I will never share my personal details.
- I will use friendly words and be polite.
- I will remember my e-safety rules at home and at school.
General Class Information
- Class Teacher: Mrs Gray
- PPA Cover Teacher: Mrs K
- Other adults in Clover class: Mrs Wood
- PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday
- English homework in Year One is daily reading.
- Please read as often as you can with your child - anything and everything! Please try to write in your child's reading diary when you hear them read their book at home.
- Maths homework in Year One is set through the My Maths website.
- I will let your child know when another task has been set.
- Please remember that water bottles should only contain water
For more information about how to help your child at home, please visit our Key Stage One Curriculum page:
What has your child been learning at school?
Please see the newsletter page to find the autumn term letter and overview.
Here are some useful websites to visit to help you with your English work.
Here are some useful websites to visit to help you with your Maths work.
Autumn Topic - Into the Enchanted Forest
Here are some useful websites to visit to help you with your topic work.
Week Commencing 23rd September 2019
In Maths, we answered our key question and worked out which group of objects was the most and which was the least. We also carried on completing our Hansel and Gretel challenges. Have a look to see how we got on with designing the top of our gingerbread houses. We had to draw our designs first and then try to copy them exactly using biscuits, icing and smarties.
Week Commencing 30th September 2019
In maths, we had a new key question. We had different bags of sweets and we had to work out how many were in two bags at a time. In English, we had a surprise! The fairies and elves visited us again and gave us something mysterious to plant and a story about Jack and the Beanstalk. We also took part in our Harvest festival. Well done everyone, some great singing!
Remember to keep reading at home.
Week Commencing 7.10.19
This week, we have been watching our plants very carefully and some of them have started to grow. We think they might be beans just like in our Jack and the beanstalk story!In maths, we have been working on our adding up skills. We are learning that if we know 3 + 2 = 5 then we also know 2 + 3 = 5 and 5 = 3 + 2 and 5 = 2 + 3. We have also been working hard to learn our number bonds to 10 off by heart. In topic, we have been learning all about the four seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter. We are looking forward to seeing what challenges the fairies and elves send us next. Well done for your amazing class assembly this week too!
Week Commencing 6.1.20
Something strange happened at school today. Mrs Gray got an important phone message asking us to go outside. We noticed lots of things and we think that a spaceship might have crashed! We took lots of photos and we collected samples of the materials to use and explore with in our science lessons.