Year 1 - Clover
On E-Safety day, Clover Class talked lots about how to have fun and stay safe online. We created and agreed to our own Acceptable Use Policy:
- I will use what I have learned about e-safety to keep myself safe.
- I will tell an adult I trust if something makes me worried or unhappy.
- I will tell an adult if people I don’t know try to message me.
- I will not open or download anything without checking with an adult.
- I will only go on websites that I have checked with an adult.
- I will look after computer equipment and treat it with care.
- I will tell an adult straight away if something is broken or not working properly.
- I will never share my personal details.
- I will use friendly words and be polite.
- I will remember my e-safety rules at home and at school.
Spring Overview and Termly Letter - Moon Zoom!
Autumn term overview
Autumn termly letter
- Termly letters are now out (see above links)
- Have you given permission for your child to participate with pobble?
- Please remember to download our new Balliol school app.
- Please keep reading with your child as often as possible.
Week Commencing: 18.02.19
We found picture instructions inside the crash site suitcase and we used them to make our own 'Moon Dough!'
In English, we had a go at writing our own moon dough recipe, we described the moon dough and made adverts to make you want to get your own moon dough. We also had a go at filming our own moon dough TV advert using the iPads - that was really fun!
In maths this week, we have really enjoyed counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s all the way up to 100! We had a go at using hundred squares to see if we could spot any patterns. This is what we found:
In topic this week, we looked at different space travel events from history and we put together a little timeline of key events. Did you know, Laika the dog went into space in 1957?
Clover Class have been incredibly busy!
We have been practising for our class assembly for weeks and we finally got to show our adults. Thank you for coming! We hope you enjoyed watching it as much as we enjoyed putting it together!
We have also finished off our Moon Zoom topic with our rocket launch party - we looked amazing in our alien outfits and party clothes!
We even got to attend a concert by a band called Megson as part of our party! We enjoyed hearing and seeing them play their instruments. We even joined in by singing and dancing!
Our alien friend, Scurnly, has assured us that he has arrived home safely to his family and he sent us this photo of him inside the rocket we built! We have loved learning about space. Some of our favourite bits were the exploding rocket experiment, decoding alien messages, learning some space songs, going inside the planetarium and, of course, building our rocket!
Whatever could we be learning about next?!