Year 2 - Holly
- Class Teacher – Miss Inskip
- PPA Cover Teacher – Mrs Fender
- Other adults in Holly class: Mrs Mathew and Mrs Ganson
PE is outside on a Wednesday afternoon (unihoc) and inside on a Friday morning (gymnastics). Please ensure that your child has appropriate PE kit in school for all PE sessions.
- Please try to write in your child’s reading diary when you hear them read at home
- Weekly tasks are set on MyMaths
- Children are working towards their Bronze times tables award (2s, 5s and 10s)
- A new set is sent home at the end of every week to practise
We had an exciting afternoon as we had a visit from the Fire Service. We learnt some memorable phrases to help us remember fire safety, got to go and look at the fire engine and squirt the hose!
Below are some photographs of our Kandinsky art. We have LOVED exploring colour and have created a beautiful display in the classroom, please feel free to come in and have a look!
Tuesday 15th of January – Walk around Kempston
Friday 1st February – Reward afternoon!
As a class, we have been working towards getting 100 stickers on our 100 square. To get a sticker, we have to work as a team. For example, walking nicely to assembly, encouraging each other to share ideas and all staying on the green face. We reached 100 stickers and had a vote on what we wanted to do. In the end, we had SO much fun dressed up in our pyjamas watching ‘The Greatest Showman’ and eating a few treats! We loved singing along (Miss Inskip did too!)
Tuesday 5th February – E-Safety Day
We learnt about the different ways to be safe online through a range of activities and wrote a set of class rules.
Friday 8th February
This week, we have looked at Chinese New Year. We have celebrated by making lanterns and decorating our own bright and colourful dragon masks!