Year 1 - Clover
On E-Safety day, Clover Class talked lots about how to have fun and stay safe online. We created and agreed to our own Acceptable Use Policy:
- I will use what I have learned about e-safety to keep myself safe.
- I will tell an adult I trust if something makes me worried or unhappy.
- I will tell an adult if people I don’t know try to message me.
- I will not open or download anything without checking with an adult.
- I will only go on websites that I have checked with an adult.
- I will look after computer equipment and treat it with care.
- I will tell an adult straight away if something is broken or not working properly.
- I will never share my personal details.
- I will use friendly words and be polite.
- I will remember my e-safety rules at home and at school.
Spring Overview and Termly Letter - Moon Zoom!
Autumn term overview
Autumn termly letter
- Termly letters are now out (see above links)
- Have you given permission for your child to participate with pobble?
- Please remember to download our new Balliol school app.
- Please keep reading with your child as often as possible.
Week Commencing: 18.02.19
We found picture instructions inside the crash site suitcase and we used them to make our own 'Moon Dough!'
In English, we had a go at writing our own moon dough recipe, we described the moon dough and made adverts to make you want to get your own moon dough. We also had a go at filming our own moon dough TV advert using the iPads - that was really fun!
In maths this week, we have really enjoyed counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s all the way up to 100! We had a god at using hundred squares to see if we could spot any patterns. This is what we found:
In topic this week, we looked at different space travel events from history and we put together a little timeline of key events. Did you know, Laika the dog went into space in 1957?