Year 6 - Hawk
Welcome to Hawk Class!
Welcome to Hawk's class page. Hopefully there is plenty on here for you and for your parents / carers. If there is anything else that you would like to see, please let me know.
Please remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
May Half Term Homework
The following sites can be really useful for SATs revision.
- My Maths https://www.mymaths.co.uk/ There are SATs boosters you can do once you've logged on.
- BBC Bitesize (Key Stage 2) https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- Topmarks (This is great for Maths.) https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ (You can search for games that link to specific areas of Maths. Look out for the age range underneath all games. It will give you a good idea of how useful it is.)
- IXL have pages of skills for each Year group. The Y6 page has links to practise both English and Maths skills. Pages are then split into skills of which has practice questions to think about. https://uk.ixl.com/promo?partner=google&campaign=1187&adGroup=Key+Stage+2&gclid=CPPa8teS_8kCFQbnwgodgOIB6A
- Maths Is Fun https://www.mathsisfun.com/ Sear for something you need to revise. This site is really good at explaining things and gives you practice questions at the bottom of each page.
- Online Maths Dictionary. http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html
Useful Class Information:
- Class Teacher: Mrs Dimbleby
- PPA Cover: Miss O'Connor
- Other adults in Hawk Class: Miss Flynn and Mr Pope
- Things all children need in school: Pencil case, water bottle (water only please), planner, reading book and spelling practice book.
- PE is on Mondays and Fridays. Please have school PE kit in school all week in case of timetable changes.
Y6 Trip to Hazard Alley
On Wednesday 20th March, we will be going to Hazard Alley in Milton Keynes. Letters will be coming out in February. If you would like to know more about Hazard Alley, here is their website: http://www.safetycentre.co.uk/
Year 6 Homework
As we move into the second half of Year 6, the homework that the children will bring home will be slightly different. This is to allow the children to practise the skills that they have learned so far, as well as giving them to opportunity to start some revision for their SATs.
Please support your child with their homework and encourage them to make sure that it is handed in on time. Not only will this support their learning, but it will also help them to prepare for homework that they will receive at Secondary School.
Homework will be sent home as follows:
Year 6 Homework letter
This week's homework (w/b 25.4.19)
There is no homework this week because it is mock SATs week.
Last week's homework (w/b 4.3.19)
Previous homework (w/b 11.3.19)
TT Rock Stars
Ronnie Twizzlesticks is currently our fastest band member with a time of 0.42 seconds per question!!!
Spellings in Year 6
Whichever spellings you are working on, this website is really useful: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
You can click on the Year groups you want to. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to practise the words from our word lists.
Year 6 Spelling Letter
Key Stage 2 Spelling Lists
Graffiti Art - We had great fun creating this when some of Hawk Class were at Bushcraft.
Classification - Liquorice Allsorts style!
Our Iceberg Investigation
Our iceberg investigation proved that 90% of icebergs are underwater. We had lots of theories about what might happen including:
* The water level will increase as the iceberg melts.
* The water level will stay the same as the iceberg melts.
* Salt in the water, (like the sea,) will make the iceberg melt more quickly.
* The iceberg will move as it melts.
* Our iceberg will melt more slowly if it is outside. (It was very cold!)
Which do you think are correct? Why?