Year 5 - Falcon
Welcome To Falcon Class
Remember your e-safety rules before clicking on any of the internet links on this page. For more information on how to stay safe, visit the e-safety page.
A Message From Mr Dalton
Welcome to our new class page. I will post copies of the children's homework tasks here every week as well as updates on any other school activities such as trips or curriculum days. You can also find useful websites related to each of our topics that may help with take home tasks.
I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you what a fantastic time I am having had teaching your children.They have been such fantastic Falcons and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the year brings!
I could not ask for a better first class.
If you ever have any questions do not hesitate to come and see me before or after school. If you cannot make it in, a note in your child's homework diary will work just as well.
Class Teacher - Mr Dalton
PPA Cover Teacher - Mrs Dawkins (Monday - All Day)
Other Adults - Mrs Loi, Miss Kaya
P.E - Tuesday Afternoon (Indoor), Friday Afternoon (Outdoor). Please ensure correct Balliol P.E kit is worn along with hoodies and tracksuit bottoms for the cold winter months. Children will also need appropriate footwear for both the indoor and outdoor sessions.
Weekly Homework Information
- Reading. 15+ minutes daily. Please question your child about what they have read. A copy of our comprehension scheme with example questions is posted below.
- Spelling. Practice daily. Children receive 10 words a week. Test every Friday. Each child should have a 'Spelling Menu' sheet with a variety of activities to use when practising.
- Timestables. Practice as often as possible. TTRockstars is a great way to do this.
- MyMaths, Set weekly every Friday. In for the following Friday. These tasks are important as they link with and consolidate the weeks maths lessons.
- Topic Task, Set weekly every Friday. In for the following Friday (unless it is a larger task and requires two weeks to complete). Each homework sheet will be posted on this page every week.
- Examples of other optional home learning tasks may be found on our termly topic news letters.
Comprehension Scheme - Reading VIPERS
The school have recently begun using Pobble, a service that allows us to publish the children's writing work online to a safe and secure platform. This is a way for parents to see there child's work and even leave comments if they wish.
I will choose two Pobble authors every week and they will not have only have their work published to Pobble but they will also receive rewards in school such as a special lanyard so that the whole school knows they are a published author.
To give permission for your child's work to be published please check your email for a message from Pobble and follow the instructions.
HOMEWORK - SET Friday 22nd February 2019 - DUE IN Friday 1st March 2019
HALF TERM HOMEWORK - SET Friday 8th February 2019 - DUE IN Friday 22nd February 2019
No MyMaths or spelling over half term. You have two weeks to complete your death mask. Have a fun and safe half term!
HOMEWORK - SET Friday 1st February 2019 - DUE IN Friday 8th February 2019
HOMEWORK - SET Friday 25th January 2019 - DUE IN Friday 1st February 2019